NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Part-time Director of Music Ministries
Dreisbach United Church of Christ seeks an enthusiastic individual to lead its music ministries.
A multigenerational congregation, Dreisbach enjoys a diverse range of musical selections in its worship life. Our worship is a blended type with both contemporary and traditional elements, and the candidate must be proficient in playing a wide variety of sacred music. We worship at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings with an average attendance of 120. In addition, there are special services throughout the year in which the Director’s services and leadership are required. Musical groups of the church include an adult choir, bell choir, praise group, and intergenerational choir.
The candidate should demonstrate an understanding of the important role of music in uplifting the congregation in worship and inspiring them to live faithfully as followers of Christ.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work with the pastor to choose meaningful music for the worship services.
• Accompany or schedule accompanists for the weekly worship services.
• Lead and direct the adult choir in worship and rehearsals.
• Lead the praise group in worship and rehearsals.
• Foster music participation in the life of the congregation with special music or ensembles that bring vibrant life and meaning to ourworship.
• Oversee the care and tuning of the musical instruments of the church (organ, piano, bells, and keyboards).
• Schedule special music participants for the summer worship services (Memorial Day – Labor Day).
• Possibly lead and direct the bell choir as skills allow.
• Obtain clearances and background checks.
• Work approximately 8 – 10 hours per week. The position is accountable to the pastor and the consistory.
Salary is negotiable based on education, years of experience, and responsibilities assumed. Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter, and references to:
Dreisbach United Church of Christ, Attn: Diane Hackenberg, 875 Dreisbach Church Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837, Re: Director of Music Ministries or e-mail email@example.com and reference Director of Music Ministries in the subject line.